Date(s) - 09 Oct 2018
10:30 am - 5:00 pm
Hilton Boston Back Bay
As part of the Pistoia Alliance’s Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) in Life Sciences, we are planning an AI/ML workshop to allow our community to meet, share ideas and make progress on their AI/ML adoption, implementation planning and impact.
AI/ML is at peak hype in terms of its attention and much has been discussed about the impact these tools we have in Life Science and health. There are emerging examples of success but still relatively rare.
Our CoE seeks to address the needs of those wishing to deliver impact from this emerging area and to address the broader issues of data quality and access plus the challenges of training our industry to get the best outcomes.
- Hear focussed presentations sharing AI/ML updates and lessons learned in Life Sciences and health
- Panels covering the current key topics in AI/ML for Life Sciences (best practice, data challenges, emerging ethics etc)
- Share best practice with your peers from life sciences on round tables
- Utilise these examples from our speakers and network to support your Life Science AI/ML next steps
- Discuss the training and retraining needs as Life Science adopts AI – what do we need to do next
- Troubleshooting sessions looking at the key AI/ML toolkits and their Life Science capabilities
- Networking during the day and a reception at end of day
- Building the CoE for the next phases
- Discussions on future AI/ML CoE datathons events during Autumn 2018/2019
- Links to other groups operating in this fast paced environment
Who should attend:
- Those active in AI/ML keen to share and discuss experiences with Life Science peers
- Those building their AI/ML adoption plans and keen to network with others
- Wanting to be involved in community and enhancing impact of AI/ML in our industry
- We will have attendees reflecting the whole industry, pharma/biotech, vendors, research organisations etc reflecting the membership of Pistoia Alliance and beyond
In more detail – covering key Life Science & Health use cases
In the meeting we will cover a number of Life Science workflows in more details with topics including:
- What areas will present the biggest impact in 2019?
- Where can we collaborate as Life Science industry to enhance AI/ML impact?
- Expanding use within early Drug Discovery
- What are the current challenges
- What data needs to be available to build better models
- What can we do to improve data access and quality?
- Later stage use of AI in Drug Development – what are the opportunities and challenges?
- Clinical Imaging utility of AI – what can we do to support this?
We welcome ideas for other topics and if we cannot cover them in Boston, we will add them to future meetings (London 2019, other locations) and our webinar series.