The full CSL Dataset is now available as a csv file, see below for how to get it!
The CSL data is now available in PubChem!! Check out Section 18.104.22.168 of the compound summaries.
Get Access to CSL - New User?
To submit reactions to improve laboratory safety for all or to learn from peers experience, sign up below to gain access to the CSL. It's open to all:
Download the CSL Dataset
You can now review the entire CSL data collection without logging into the CSL. Just email us* to get a copy of the entire CSV file.
You are free to browse the data, or build programmatic access to the data for your use with internal systems.
* We will retain your email address to alert you of updates to the dataset and any news about the Chemical Safety Library. We will not email you about other Pistoia Alliance projects or events. (If you do wish to receive other Pistoia Alliance communications you can register separately in the form at the bottom of this page.)
The Pistoia Alliance Chemical Safety Library project is dedicated to sharing previously inaccessible hazardous reaction information in the interest of increased laboratory and personal safety across the chemical industries. Previously, this information may only have been available within the company where the incident occurred. The Pistoia Alliance have now developed a data submission tool to capture, store and search such hazardous reaction information, and it's free to use. You can input events to warn others, and you can check individual incidents or download the entire data set to use within your own systems.
By building a rich data source of hazardous reaction information through this tool, and making it easily accessible we can all improve safety for those scientist carrying out experiments in the lab.
Please help us prevent repetition of dangerous events. If you have questions or feedback about the Chemical Safety Library, email the administrator.
* Supported browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari (make sure your browser is set to allow pop-ups)
* If you have forgotten your login details please contact email@example.com
* When submitting a reaction you must set Reporter to your name by searching for and selecting it. Your name and organisation will be hidden to other users and only available to the admin function.
* When submitting a reaction you must create the reaction first, save it, and then on the next screen add the reagents
* After adding reagents to return to the Home screen, if clicking the Home button does not work, select Help, and then Clear cache
* Reagent searching and Synonyms: (Methylene chloride or Dichloromethane!) If you cannot find the reagent with one name, search synonyms before entering manually. Synonyms can be found at ChemSpider, Wikipedia or Google
New Training Videos for CSL
Recent Chemical Safety Library Updates
Bristol-Myers Squibb finding the Pistoia Alliance Chemical Safety Library data valuable as part of its proactive safety practices
By Mark Manfredi, Project Lead and IT Business Process Analyst at Bristol-Meyers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb has found substantial value …