A mobile app for iOS and Android is available for this event, containing the agenda, directions, floor plans, and other useful information. For users of other types of smartphone a subset of the app content is shown below.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be tube strikes in London on the 19th-22nd April that will close the Piccadilly line (dark blue). The tube stations at Heathrow will be closed as a result. Please plan your journey to avoid this line. The TfL journey planner may help.
Free wifi access is provided at the conference venue by The Cloud. Please connect to “_The Cloud” and follow the instructions, or refer to this connection guide.
We are pleased to announce the full agenda for our 2016 European Conference. If you’d like to attend, please register now! The one-day event for members and invited guests only has been planned around three panel discussions on current hot topics in life sciences R&D, and will include presentation of the winners of the President’s Startup Challenge 2015 and the live judging and audience choice voting for the Mini Startup Challenge 2016.
Here is the planned agenda for April 19th – open to members and invited guests only:
- 8.00am: Registration
- 8.30am: Welcome and introduction
- 9.00am: Panel: Mobile and Wearables
- Chair: Steve Arlington, President, Pistoia Alliance
- Sarah Haywood, CEO, MedCity
- Yury Rozenman, Director of Business Development, Qualcomm Life
- Richard Kwasnicki, Imperial College London
- Gareth King, Catapult Ventures
- 10.35am: Coffee
- 11.00am: Panel: Robotics
- Chair: Ashley George, Treasurer, Pistoia Alliance
- Andrew Hessel, Distinguished Research Scientist, Autodesk
- Ted Pawella, Sr. Director Portfolio & Product Management, BIOVIA, Dassault Systemes
- Steve Rees, Vice-President of Screening Sciences and Sample Management, AstraZeneca
- 12.35pm: Lunch
- 1.30pm: Panel: Big Data
- Chair: Fiona Neilsen, CEO, DNAdigest
- Adam Auton, Senior Statistical Geneticist, 23andMe
- Mathew Woodwark, Director of Research Bioinformatics, MedImmune
- Eric Little, VP Data Science, Osthus
- 3.05pm: Coffee
- 3.30pm: Startup Challenges
- President’s Startup Challenge 2015: Winner Awards
- Mini Startup Challenge 2016: Pitches, Live Judging, and Audience Voting
- 4.45pm: Closing notes
- 5.00pm-8.00pm: Reception (sponsored by GeneDX Genomics Solutions)
- Mini Startup Challenge 2016 results with Gareth King, Investment Manager, Catapult Ventures
If you haven’t already registered for our European conference then please register now!
Please note that the conference is open only to Pistoia Alliance Core and Participating members, the Pistoia Alliance leadership, and invited special guests.
A selection of case studies from the conference app are reproduced here for your reference.
Extra information for board members only
- Dinner: 19th April, 8.15pm: The Yacht, Temple Pier, Victoria Embankment, London WC2R 2PN (permanently moored on the river immediately behind KCL’s Strand Campus) – booked in the name of Richard Holland
- Meeting: 20th April, 8.30am-12.30pm: Elsevier, 125 London Wall, London EC2Y 5AS. Closest tube stops are Moorgate (closest), St Paul’s, London Bank or Barbican. Meet Tim Hoctor in reception no later than 8.20am. Lunch provided 12.30-1.30pm.