A mobile app for iOS and Android is available for this event, containing the agenda, directions, floor plans, and other useful information. For users of other types of smartphone a subset of the app content is shown below.
The Seaport Hotel and World Trade Center has complimentary wireless internet throughout the property. Guests accessing any Seaport Wireless wifi hotspot will be directed to the Seaport home page from where they will be able to log into Seaport Wireless. No password is required.
We are pleased to announce the full agenda for our 2016 US Conference. If you’d like to attend, please register now! The one-day event for members and invited guests only has been planned around three panel discussions on current hot topics in life sciences R&D, and will include the live judging and audience choice voting for the President’s Startup Challenge 2016.
Here is the planned agenda for Tuesday 18th October – open to members and invited guests only:
- 8.30am: Registration and breakfast (in Seaport Ballroom)
- 9.00am: Welcome and introduction
- 9.05am: Keynote – Sohini Chowdhury, Senior Vice President, Research Partnerships, The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research
- 9.35am: Panel: Internet of Things (IoT)
- Chair: David Caouette, Senior Director, Strategy and Operations Lead, BlueSky and Quantitative Medicine, Pfizer
- Brian Duffy, Director, NIBR IT, Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
- Ken Johnson, Senior Director, Product Management, JBoss Middleware Business Unit, RedHat
- Gene Tetreault, Sr. Director of Products and Marketing, Dassault Systèmes BIOVIA
- 10.50am: Coffee
- 11.15am: Pistoia Alliance Current Portfolio Update
- 11.45am: Panel: Future of IP Capture
- Chair: Michael H. Elliott, CEO, Atrium Research & Consulting LLC
- Joshua Bishop, Associate Director Business/Technology Analysis CPH IT Informatics, Merck & Co.
- Dana Vanderwall, Director, Biology & Preclinical IT, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Margaret DiFilippo, VP Sales North America, Dotmatics
- 1.00pm: Lunch
- 2.00pm: Panel: Deep Learning
- Chair: John Keilty,General Manager, Platform Operations, Third Rock Ventures
- David Tabacco, Associate Director Business Consulting, Applied Technology, Merck & Co.
- Alexander Ivliev, Bioinformatics Scientist, Clarivate Analytics, formerly the IP&S business of Thomson Reuters
- Tim Moran, Director Life Science Research PM, Dassault Systèmes BIOVIA
- 3.15pm: Coffee
- 3.45pm: Pistoia Alliance Future Portfolio Update
- 4.15pm: President’s Startup Challenge 2016
- Pitches, Live Judging, and Audience Voting
- 5.15pm: Closing notes
- 5.30pm-7.30pm: Reception (in Flagship Ballroom)
- President’s Startup Challenge 2016 results and awards
If you haven’t already registered for our US conference then please register now!
Please note that the conference is open only to Pistoia Alliance Core and Participating members, the Pistoia Alliance leadership, and invited special guests.
A selection of case studies from the conference app are reproduced here for your reference.
Extra information for Pistoia Alliance board members only
- Board Dinner: Tuesday 18th October, 8pm, at Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse, 250 Northern Ave, Boston MA 02210. Five minutes walk East along Seaport Blvd from the Seaport Hotel, on the waterfront just past Fish Pier. Table reserved under the name of Richard Holland.
- Board Meeting: Wednesday 19th October, 9am-12.30pm at Elsevier Cell Press Boardroom, 50 Hampshire St, Cambridge MA 02139. Closest T is Kendall/MIT on the red line which is a ten minute walk. Lunch provided 12.30-1.30pm.
Hello, thanks for your interest! Registration is via waitlist and closes this weekend so you need to move quickly if you’d like to get your name on the list. You can join the waitlist using the form on this page: http://www.pistoiaalliance.org/eventdetails/pistoia-alliance-us-conference-2016/ – once on the list tickets are usually released, subject to availability, within a couple of days.