The goal of the Unified Data Model (UDM) project is to create and publish an open, extendable, and freely available data format for the exchange of experimental information about compound synthesis and their testing.
The UDM project is pleased to announce the release of Version 6.0 in January 2020. This will be the final version for at least a year, which will give stability and allow us to concentrate on the adoption and promotion of UDM. Some of the key features in Version 6 are:
- Stabilization of the format for reaction data (not breaking changes envision after version 6.0 / 2020)
- Improved support for analytical data (embedded or linked data sets)
- Detailed information on data provenance
- A new optional entity to represent sample information
- Allow citation and molecule details inside reaction variations
- Fixing data types for several entities and improved semantics
- Using a standard (Allotrope-compatible) vocabulary for units of measure
- Allow for environmental, health and safety
- New sample data sets in the UDM format
The UDM project team is also working on the future direction of UDM and challenging if the time is right to develop a shared vision with other key players, for example, Allotrope. Individual discussions have begun and the intention is to invite key stakeholders to a face-to-face meeting in the Spring, where a strategy will be formed.
The project team will continue in a support mode during the first 6 months of 2020 after which time we will review what is required by the UDM community.
If you have any questions, please contact us at ProjectInquiry@pistoiaalliance.org.