A mobile app for iOS and Android is available for this event, containing the agenda, directions, floor plans, and other useful information. For users of other types of smartphone a subset of the app content is shown below.
We are pleased to announce the outline agenda for our 2017 European Conference , “Getting the most of outcomes data in R&D – a community conversation”. If you’d like to attend, please register now! The conference is being held at the Amba Hotel Charing Cross, London, UK. A selection of hotel room blocks have been made available for the benefit of delegates.
Connecting outcomes data more closely with the R&D process would help pharmaceutical companies focus their research efforts and make better decisions at earlier stages in development. Data on patient benefit from an intervention or diagnostic drives commercial outcomes in that it informs and contributes to health technology assessment and payer approval. Achieving this is technologically challenging and would benefit substantially from industry-wide pre-competitive collaboration. How can the Pistoia Alliance add value?
When registering, please select your preferred breakout group:
- Patient data capture, management, the associated technologies and standards required, and their optimal deployment
- Data analysis and opportunities, such as deep machine learning
- Future thinking, such as cutting edge therapeutics, companion diagnostics, reality mining, ethics, etc.
Here is the planned agenda for Tuesday 28th March – open to members and invited guests only. All events in the Ballroom (unless otherwise indicated):
- 9.00 Registration and Coffee
- 9.30 President’s introduction
- 9.40 Success story: quattro, Roche, and HELM
- 9.45 Portfolio update
- 10.15 Keynote 1 – Data Analysis
- Cathy Critchlow, VP, Center for Observational Research, Amgen
- 11.00 Coffee
- 11.30 Keynote 2 – Patient Data Capture
- Nick Davies, Managing Director Life Sciences, Accenture Strategy
- 12.15 Panel
- Jackie Hunter, CEO, BenevolentBio (Panel chair)
- Tjeerd van Staa, Professor of Health eResearch, University of Manchester
- Lindsay Edwards, Head, Respiratory Data Sciences Group, GSK
- Sean Ward, CTO, Synthace
- Angeli Möller, IT Business Partner, Clinical Sciences, Bayer Business Services
- 13.15 Lunch (Terrace, overflow in Regency)
- 14.15 Breakouts
- Patient data capture, led by Ian Shafer, Accenture (Nelson)
- Data analysis, led by Chris Molloy, Medicines Discovery Catapult
- Future thinking, led by Gareth King, Catapult Ventures (Trafalgar)
- 15.15 Breakout regrouping
- 15.45 Coffee
- 16.15 Hackathon update
- 16.40 Keynote 3 – Future Thinking
- James Weatherall, Executive Director & Head, Advanced Analytics Centre, AstraZeneca
- 17.25 President’s closing notes
- 17.30 Reception (Regency)
If you haven’t already registered for our European conference then please register now!
Please note that the conference is open only to Pistoia Alliance members and invited special guests.
A selection of case studies from the conference app are reproduced here for your reference.
Extra information for Pistoia Alliance board members only
- Hackathon: Saturday-Sunday 25th-26th March, Wallacespace Clerkenwell. Separate registration required
- AbVance project team meeting: Tuesday 28th March, 8am-9.30am, Amba Hotel Charing Cross (Nelson)
- Board, Ops and Advisory Board Dinner: Tuesday 28th March, 6.30pm for 7pm, The Langham Hotel (Surrey Room)
- Board Meeting: Wednesday 29th March, 8.30am-12.30pm, Amba Hotel Charing Cross (Watergate)
- Innovation Committee Meeting: Wednesday 29th March, 2pm-4pm, Amba Hotel Charing Cross (Watergate)
- Investment Committee Meeting: Wednesday 29th March, 1.30pm-3.30pm, Amba Hotel Charing Cross (Boardroom)
- Advisory Board Meeting: Wednesday 29th March, 10am-5pm, Amba Hotel Charing Cross (Nelson)
- Ops Meeting: Thursday 30th March, 8am-1pm, Institute of Directors, Pall Mall