Why is this important?
The Pistoia Alliance has created this community to bring together leaders from across the Pharmaceutical and the Life Science industries to network and learn how they, as leaders, can better support the D&I initiatives within their companies.
As collaboration, innovation and education is at the heart of the Pistoia Alliance we see this community as being essential to supporting both the internal and external focus of the Pharma and Life Science global community.
• Network We aim to offer a unique opportunity to network online and offline with worldwide leaders across the life sciences industry.
• Growth Though an action-oriented approach (role plays, scenarios, questions for “aha” moments), the participants become better prepared to overcome challenging situations for themselves and their team members.
• Community Everyone is invited to meet and network online and offline with past, current, and future D&I Leadership participants and other leaders from Pistoia Alliance network of members.
What will the project achieve?
1. Promote diversity starting from the top executive roles
2. Improve leaders’ understanding of the importance of D&I industry-wide
3. Raise awareness about different diversity aspects (e.g. neurodiversity) and how leaders can support D&I initiatives in their organizations
4. Develop leadership skills and increase executive presence at industry level
By the end of each session, our aim is that participants will be equipped to support diversity programs at their respective companies.
How will the project do this?
How we achieve the community goals:
1. Bringing together industry leaders to discuss through practical examples how they can better support the D&I in their organizations
2. Build a community of D&I advocates by facilitating the networking between previous, current and future participants.
3. Encouraging participants to share different perspectives and best practices, participate in role plays and scenarios.
4. Discussing through practical examples some actionable steps for supporting and improving D&I initiatives.
5. Peer mentoring
Look out for our events for leaders of teams in life science who are interested in improving their leadership effectiveness in executive roles and augmenting their existing company programs to more effectively attract and retain talent.
If you are interested in helping to fund Pistoia Alliance’s Diversity & Inclusion in Life Sciences Webinar, please send an email to Diversity@PistoiaAlliance.org.
Alumni – Companies
Since 2022 we successfully educated participants from 29 organizations including…Abbvie, Accenture, Algorithmiq, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Biogen, BLS, BMS, CCDC, Chemaxon, CSL, DeepMatter, Eli Lilly, Elsevier, Elucidata, Gilead, GSK, JnJ, Merck, MSD, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Qubit Pharmaceuticals, Roche, Sanofi, Seagen, Takeda, Vertex.