Why is this important?
The Pistoia Alliance has created this unique three month program to bring together leaders from across the Pharmaceutical and the Life Science industries to network and learn how they, as leaders, can better support the D&I initiatives within their companies.
As collaboration, innovation and education is at the heart of our membership we see this community as being essential to supporting both the internal and external focus of the Pharma and Life Science global community.
• Network This program provides a unique opportunity to network online and offline with worldwide STEM leaders across the life sciences industry.
• Growth Though an action-oriented approach (role plays, scenarios, questions for “aha” moments), the participants become better prepared to overcome challenging situations for themselves and their team members.
• Community Alumni are invited to different events to meet and network online and offline with past, current, and future D&I in STEM Leadership participants and other leaders from Pistoia Alliance network of members.
What will the project achieve?
This program will commence with a kick-off session followed by weekly training and monthly networking sessions.
The participants will be guided in the discussions by an accredited trainer and coach that will help them increase their leadership skills with the support of the group participants and better understand how to support D&I initiatives from their leadership role.
1. Promote diversity starting from the top executive roles*
2. Improve leaders’ understanding of the importance of D&I industry-wide
3. Raise awareness about different diversity aspects (e.g. neurodiversity) and how leaders can support D&I initiatives in their organizations
4. Develop leadership skills and increase executive presence at industry level
By the end, each leader will be equipped to support, diversity programs at their respective companies and will have a global community they can engage with for coaching, mentoring, or for further discussion.
How will the project do this?
How we achieve the program goals:
1. Bringing together various industry leaders to discuss through practical examples how they can better support the D&I in their organizations
2. Building a community of D&I advocates by facilitating the networking between previous, current and future participants.
3. Encouraging the participants to share different perspectives and best practices, participate in role plays and scenarios.
4. Discussing through practical examples some actionable steps for supporting and improving D&I initiatives.
5. Peer mentoring
Learn more about our program stream for leaders of teams in life science who are interested in improving their leadership effectiveness in executive roles and augmenting their existing company programs to more effectively attract and retain talent.
Individuals from Pistoia Alliance are invited to enroll in this leadership program for $2,495 USD.
|PA Members||$2,495 USD||Register Now|
|Non-Member Companies||$2,999 USD||Register Now|
- Group 1: weekly calls, every Tuesday from September 12, 2023, to November 28, 2023, from 3pm to 4:30pm UK time (90 minutes/session)
- Group 2: weekly calls, every Tuesday from September 12, 2023 to November 28, 2023, from 5pm to 6:30 pm UK time (90 minutes/session)
- Group 3: weekly calls, every Thursday from September 14, 2023, to November 30, 2033 from 3pm to 4:30pm UK time (90 minutes/session)
- Group 4: weekly calls, every Thursday from September 14, 2023 to November 30, 2023, from 5pm to 6:30 pm UK time (90 minutes/session)
Interested in enrolling your team? Send an email to Diversity@PistoiaAlliance.org to learn more about our group packages for eight (8) or more employees.
Alumni – Companies
Abbvie, Accenture, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Biogen, BLS, BMS, CCDC, Chemaxon, CSL, DeepMatter, Eli Lilly, Elsevier, Elucidata, Gilead, GSK, JnJ, Merck, MSD, Novartis, Novo Nordisk, Pfizer, Qubit Pharmaceuticals, Roche, Sanofi, Seagen, Takeda.
**EU law – Gender Equality adopted in Nov 22.
By 2026, companies will need to have 40% of the underrepresented sex among non-executive directors or 33% among all directors.