Date(s) - 17 Jun 2019 - 18 Jun 2019
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
The Francis Crick Institute
Name: Claire-Alix Garin Zapata
Organisation: Lifebit Biotech
The London Bioinformatics Frontiers Conference
Register to attend : bioinformatics-frontiers.com
An exciting two-day event exploring how to apply Nextflow, Containers & Cloud in your bioinformatics analyses in order to standardise & scale them.
We bring together academic & industry experts in the genomics space to:
- Provide an in-depth look into how Nextflow based applications are currently fast-tracking research
- Showcase how containerisation can be used to build reproducible & modular pipelines
- Highlight the flexibility & scalability of cloud for big data analysis
- Showcase how to standardise Nextflow-based pipelines using software development best practices and containers
- Work towards standardising & scaling omics pipelines over cloud during our Hackathon (Day 2, pre-registration required). Hackathon participants can either bring in their own pipelines they want to dockerise or convert to Nextflow, or work with existing Nextflow-based pipelines they want to standardise using software development best practices and scale over cloud.
- Matthew Davies, Ervaxx Therapeutics, UK
- Alain Coletta, GenePlaza, Belgium
- Diogo Silva, Lifebit, UK
- Matthieu Foll, International Agency for Research on Cancer – WHO, France
- Giuliano Macciocci, eLIFE, UK
- Anne Deslattes Mays, Jackson Laboratories, USA
- Alessia Visconti, King’s College London, UK
- Giovanni Marco Dall’Olio, GlaxoSmithKline, UK
- Dan Greenfield, PetaGene, UK
- Anton Khodak, Wellcome Sanger Institute, UK
- Piotr Faba, Ardigen, Poland
- Tony Wildish, EMBL-EBI, UK
- Bruno Silva, The Francis Crick Institute, UK
- Anthony Underwood, The Centre for Genomic Pathogen Surveillance, UK
- Henry Ines, Shivom, USA
- Joke Reumers, Janssen, Belgium
- Adrianto Wirawan, AstraZeneca, UK
- Pablo Prieto, Lifebit, UK
Day 1: Talks from the experts (open to the public, registration required)
- Enabling reproducible, modular analysis workflows with containerisation technology
- Standardising Nextflow based pipelines using software development best practices & containers
- From HPC to Cloud: Scaling your pipelines with Nextflow
- Containerisation: best practices & examples from the frontlines
- Learn how to assemble Nextflow pipelines quickly from modules with Flowcraft, a workflow assembling tool
Day 2: Hackathon (by application only)
- Theme: Standardising your Nextflow based pipelines and scaling them over Cloud
- Open to participants who have pipelines they would like to convert to Nextflow, or participants that have pipelines that they want to containerise or existing Nextflow-based pipelines that they want to standardise using software development best practices or scale over cloud.
- Note: To participate in the hackathon, please apply here!
Register here: bioinformatics-frontiers.com
Make sure to keep up with the London Bioinformatics Frontiers Conference on Twitter with #LBFrontiers.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the event.