Date(s) - 12 Mar 2019
8:00 am - 6:45 pm
Hilton London Paddington
Read the Agenda (provisional)
As part of the Pistoia Alliance’s Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) in Life Sciences, this is our second workshop to bring our community together and following on from over-subscribed Boston Oct 2018 meeting.
AI/ML is at peak hype in terms of its attention and much has been discussed about the impact these tools we have in Life Science and health. There are emerging examples of success but challenges remain.
Our CoE seeks to address the needs of those wishing to deliver impact from this emerging area and to address the broader issues of data quality and access plus the challenges of training our industry to get the best outcomes.
Speakers and panellists from across the industry including Pharma, Biotech, Technology companies and Academia.
We will also present the results from the Rare Disease Repurposing Datathon run during Autumn/Winter 2018 with Elsevier, Mission Cures and Cures within Reach.
- Hear focused presentations sharing AI/ML updates and lessons learned in Life Sciences and health
- Panels covering the current key topics in AI/ML for Life Sciences (best practice, data challenges, emerging ethics etc)
- Share best practice with your peers from life sciences on round tables
- Utilise these examples from our speakers and network to support your Life Science AI/ML next steps
- Discuss the training and retraining needs as Life Science adopts AI – what do we need to do next
- Troubleshooting sessions looking at the key AI/ML toolkits and their Life Science capabilities
- Networking during the day and a reception at end of day
- Building the CoE for the next phases
- Discussions on future AI/ML CoE datathons events
- Links to other groups operating in this fast paced environment
Who should attend:
- Those active in AI/ML keen to share and discuss experiences with Life Science peers
- Those building their AI/ML adoption plans and keen to network with others
- Wanting to be involved in community and enhancing impact of AI/ML in our industry
- We will have attendees reflecting the whole industry, pharma/biotech, vendors, research organisations etc reflecting the membership of Pistoia Alliance and beyond
We welcome ideas for other topics and if we cannot cover them, we will add them to future meetings (Boston 2019, other locations) and our webinar series.