In the Best Practices awards, the winners of all three main categories were Pistoia Alliance members:
- Clinical IT & Precision Medicine: Amgen, for Real World Data Platform and Analytics
- Informatics: FDA & DNAnexus, for precisionFDA
- Knowledge Management: AstraZeneca, for CI360 (Competitive Intelligence 360)
Pistoia Alliance members also took home an impressive number of awards and honorable mentions in the Best of Show awards.
- Knowledge Management: Eagle Genomics, for eaglediscover
- In Silico Futures Award: Dassault Systems BIOVIA, for The Living Heart Model
- Informatics Tools & Data Analytics (Honorable Mention): Genestack, for Genestack Platform
The Pistoia Alliance was indeed well represented at this year’s conference. In addition to the above, Richard Holland of New Forest Ventures Ltd., who works with the Pistoia Alliance on operations and marketing projects, was on the BioIT judging panel, Carmen Nitsche, Pistoia Alliance Business Development Consultant spoke about pre-competitive collaboration in track 11, and Roman Affentranger, Head, Small Molecule Discovery Workflows, Roche spoke on a CSCS implementation in Track 9, and the Pistoia Alliance co-sponsored a well-attended reception with tranSMART and Thomson Reuters on Wednesday evening.
If we missed your presentation relating to the Pistoia Alliance, let us know and we will add it to our running list of member-initiated outreach. Members talking about their involvement in and value they receive from participating in the Pistoia Alliance is invaluable and important to support our collective mission.
We would like to congratulate all of our member winners listed above and look forward to their continued future success!