Action required to retain access to CSL: please read this announcement
CSL data is now available in PubChem!! Check out Section 22.214.171.124 of the compound summaries.
Coming soon: You will soon be able to download the entire Chemical Safety Library csv file directly from the website! Of course, you will still be able to download it within the CSL tool as well, if you prefer.
CSL has moved
CSL has moved to a new location. For instructions on retaining access, follow the guide in the email you should have recevied. Alternatively you can read the instructions here.
In the pdf, go to the "ScienceCloud Login Experience Following Account Registration" section. (This document includes the address "https://www.sciencecloud.com" which will also work however use the link from the button below as this link makes accessing CSL more straightforward.)
Get Access to CSL
To submit reactions to improve laboratory safety for all or to learn from peers experience, sign up below to gain access to the CSL. It's open to all:
The Pistoia Alliance Chemical Safety Library project is dedicated to sharing previously inaccessible hazardous reaction information in the interest of increased laboratory and personal safety across the chemical industries. Previously, this information may only have been available within the company where the incident occurred. The Pistoia Alliance have now developed a data submission tool to capture, store and search such hazardous reaction information, and it's free to use. You can input events to warn others, and you can check individual incidents or download the entire data set to use within your own systems.
By building a rich data source of hazardous reaction information through this tool, and making it easily accessible we can all improve safety for those scientist carrying out experiments in the lab.
Please help us prevent repetition of dangerous events. If you have questions or feedback about the Chemical Safety Library, email the administrator.
* Supported browsers: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari (make sure your browser is set to allow pop-ups)
* If you have forgotten your login details please contact email@example.com
* When submitting a reaction you must set Reporter to your name by searching for and selecting it. Your name and organisation will be hidden to other users and only available to the admin function.
* When submitting a reaction you must create the reaction first, save it, and then on the next screen add the reagents
* After adding reagents to return to the Home screen, if clicking the Home button does not work, select Help, and then Clear cache
* Reagent searching and Synonyms: (Methylene chloride or Dichloromethane!) If you cannot find the reagent with one name, search synonyms before entering manually. Synonyms can be found at ChemSpider, Wikipedia or Google
New Training Videos for CSL
Recent Chemical Safety Library Updates
Bristol-Myers Squibb finding the Pistoia Alliance Chemical Safety Library data valuable as part of its proactive safety practices
By Mark Manfredi, Project Lead and IT Business Process Analyst at Bristol-Meyers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb has found substantial value …